Whether you booked a room at a cozy bed and breakfast or just came up for the day, there’s a variety of activities waiting for you in Julian (and some of them are FREE.):
1. Pick up a free map at Town Hall and follow the self-guided History Walk to explore the historic buildings and markers throughout town. Return the filled-out questionnaire for a chance to win $50.
2. Drive down C Street for a guided tour that takes you a mile inside a real gold mine.
3. Visit Main Street and sit at an authentic 1939 soda fountain for tasty ice cream treats.
4. Drive down Highway 79 to Lake Cuyamaca for fishing, boating and hiking. Be sure to visit the remains
of Stonewall Mine, Julian's largest gold producer.
5. Have a slice of apple pie. We recommend trying as many varieties as possible.
6. Visit Julian’s Pioneer Museum to learn more about Julian’s past and see the Grosskopf House, a model
of pioneer living.
7. Browse through our one-of-a-kind boutiques, art galleries and antique shops in Julian and nearby Wynola.
8. Taste a variety of local wines.
9. Take an old-fashioned carriage ride down Main Street.
10. Enjoy a historic comedy skit from the Julian Doves & Desperadoes on Sundays.
11. Learn how to pan for gold in Wynola.
12. Pick up a hiking trail map at Town Hall for some scenic hikes at all skill levels.
13. Take a guided trail ride and experience Julian on horseback.
14. Make a reservation to visit the California Wolf Center to learn more about the wolves.
15. Take a drive down to the desert through Banner and explore Warner Springs or Borrego Springs.
16. Dress up in old-fashioned Western clothing and have your picture taken.
17. Pack a picnic lunch and visit one of our scenic parks including William Heise Park, Jess Martin
Park and Cuyamaca Rancho State Park.
18. Experience high tea.
19. Visit our events page for a list of annual events, festivals, exhibitions, and much more.
20. Make a future reservation at a quaint hotel or cozy
B and B to return for a whole weekend!
21. Ride the Julian Train! http://pioneerways.com/